Nestled in the fishing village of Arenys de Mar near Barcelona, Sa Voga hotel is named after the former name of this enticing corner of Catalonia. Housed in two beautifully restored adjoining 18th and 19th-century houses, interiors retain high ceilings, stone staircases and exposed brickwork. You can expect charming decor with some quirky and artistic touches, where hand-picked antique furniture jostles with modern pieces.With only eleven individually decorated rooms, inspired by the sea and local places of interest, the hotel has a charming boutique feel. Sa Voga is family run and it shows, with thoughtful personal touches such as an honesty bar with drinks and snacks. Spend your days down on one of Arenys de Mar’s three lovely beaches, enjoy a boat trip along the coast, discover the natural beauty and forests of Corredor-Montnegre Natural Park or pop into central Barcelona with its many famous landmarks and attractions, from Gaudi buildings to buzzing food markets. It all makes a great base from which to explore this beautiful part of Catalonia.
We hope you like it. Welcome to A Corner of the World!
Núria Bertran (Director)
Quietness and charm on the Mediterranean coast
Hotel in Arenys de Mar, Maresme, Barcelona, Catalonia
Hotel in Arenys de Mar, Maresme, Barcelona, Catalonia
General information about the hotel in Arenys de Mar
The Sa Voga hotel is a small 4 star charming hotel built in two beautifully restored houses from the 18th and 19th-century in Arenys de Mar, in the Maresme, the Barcelona coast.
The hotel is a family business, so our goal is always to make guests feel as comfortable as possible, as if they were at home. For this reason, we redecorated both houses in order to make our hotel as comfortable and charming as possible while keeping the original style and essence. The result is a hotel with all the facilities that you would expect from a 4 star hotel in a building which maintains a familiar feeling with traditional furniture and style.
We have 11 rooms in total. Each and every one of them has a unique style, decoration and furniture chosen specifically for it, where hand-picked antique furniture is complemented with modern pieces.
We’re committed with sustainability environmentally and socially. We make sure to produce the bare minimum of waste, we recycle and we try to reduce or eliminate our energetic and food waste as much as we can. Our workers have decent wages and we have a work environment that’s free of hate and discrimination.
We’re involved and committed to society, promoting culture, language and catalan and local traditions, such asSant Zenòn, Sant Roc, la Pesta, etc. We also host events for everyone in town or nearby, like tai chi or hipopresiveabdominals workshops, speeches and book presentations, amongst a lot of other things.
We are a quiet and peaceful hotel, with charm and personal treatment for all of our guests. That’s why we provide them with anything they could need to reach an optimal level of comfort, always adapting to their necessities. That’s why we have several services and amenities, such as: safe-deposit box, mini bar, water kettle, A/C and heating, television, bathrobe and slippers, hair dryer, pillow menu, in room massages, soap, shampoo and moisturizer.
We also provide various facilities to cover every request of our clients: honest bar, terrace, reading corner, children corner, dining room, restaurant on demand and meeting room.
We are specialized in:
- Couple Tourism: Sa Voga is the perfect getaway. It’s a calm and discrete place to rest and disconnect in a very special way. We offer different experience packs for you to be able to enjoy your stay to the fullest.
– Titus Experience: Enjoy the Sa Voga charm and the massages at Titus Spa to disconnect from everyday’s stress.
– Ami Box Experience: Discover the surprises of the Ami Box with your partner, and get to know each other better!
– Mont Calvari Experience: Live a full romantic experience in the Mont Calvari room, with a Jacuzzi on its private terrace, and spend an unforgettable night.
– Love Experience: Enjoy a romantic night with your loved one in any of our rooms.
– Relaxing Experience: Experience a weekend of calmness and tranquility with your partner, without having to leave the hotel!
- Family Tourism: We try to facilitate and help in everything possible in order to improve your stay with your family.
– RoomEscape Virus Experience: Enjoy the thrill and mystery, play with your family and friends together to be able to escape this unique Roomscape!
– La Marinada Experience: Having little kids is not incompatible with disconnecting in a getaway weekend! Come enjoy the quietness and charm of a family sail in Arenys’ seaport.
- Sports tourism: If you are a sports fan, in Sa Voga we can give you advice on routes and diets, whether you are running, cycling (mountain or road), triathlon, trekking, paddle, water sports … or any other sport.
- Cultural Tourism: We can provide cultural routes near the hotel and guided tours to Barcelona with our own guide.
– Gastronomic experiences: Enjoy an incredible dinner with local specialists and local recipes, plus a night in a charming hotel with breakfast in the room.
- Pet-friendly tourism:We accept dogs at our hotel so you do not have to travel without a member of your family.
Our hotel is located on the Costa del Maresme-Barcelona, in the town of Arenys de Mar, 40 kilometers from Barcelona and 44 km from Girona. We have the Costa Brava only 20 minutes away, as well as many natural parks. It is easy to travel in Arenys, we have a good rail and road system that makes getting to the hotel very easy.
The hotel is located in the center of town, but to a side street, so it is isolated from the noise of the main street. We are very close to the train station and the beach (only 400 meters) and only half a block from La Riera, which is the main street, full of shops and restaurants. We also have nearby the hotel parking and the port of Arenys.
We believe that Arenys de Mar is the definition town of being Mediterranean. It is a Catalan fishing village with a great cultural and gastronomic heritage. We have the cemetery of Synera, known thanks to the poet Salvador Espriu; the church of Santa María, which has one of the most important and best preserved altarpieces in Catalonia, museums, iconic cultural buildings, local festivals and traditions, etc. a whole culture that dates back more than 400 years.
What can be done in Arenys? Well, many things! Go to the beach, see the auctions of fresh fish that are made in the port, enjoy the culture and gastronomy, go shopping, do yoga and tai-chi, relax in our hotel, do sport: from cycling to scuba diving going on for mountain routes, sailing, running, tennis, etc.
Or there are many activities to do nearby, such as the modernist route of Canet, shopping at the Roca Village Outlet, horseback riding, relax at the Titus Spa, practice golf or visit Barcelona or Gerona.