Spacious rooms with capacity for two adults and up to 3 children (12 years)
Additional cost of 15€/day/child (up to 14 years)
Special amenities and services: toy/playground zone, microwave, crib, trolley, babysitter, ...
Family activities close to the hotel: boat trips, barefoot walking experience, ride a donkey, visit farms...
Check for more info.
We know that travelling with children, specially if they are still really young, is always harder, so we try to offer the maximum amount of comforts and conveniences in order to be able to enjoy your holidays with them.
Family Hotel in Catalonia, Arenys de Mar, Barcelona
- Sa Voga wants you to come with your family
Here at the Sa Voga Hotel we know having kids makes everything a little more complicated. For that reason, not only do we not close the door for them but we try to make the stay easier by helping in anything within our reach in order to enable them to enjoy our hotel.
Families with kids have the same right to relax as everyone! In the Sa Voga Hotel we make it easy. Make sure your kids are included in your holiday plans and forget about hiring a babysitter.
We have spacious double rooms available where supplementary beds or even a crib can be provided for your kids. We also have some rooms with a sofa-bed, as comfortable as the normal bed, where up to 2 children can sleep.
We also have a little space for kids with toys that can make the stay of all family members more enjoyable by allowing them to play while you relax, and preventing you from having to get all of your kids’ toys in a suitcase.
In addition, we offer some complementary (?) activities that can be done as a family:
- Ecologic market garden: The coordinator and founder of our hotel, has a ecologic garden and owns some farm animals that can be enjoyed by the little ones, an amazing sensorial experience as well as educational and entertaining.
- La Marinada: Having kids is not incompatible with a getaway the weekend! Come and feel the calm and charms of our hotel and also enjoy a family boat trip around the port and the coast of Barcelona. (Available the month of July and August only)
- Biking with the family: The Hotel Sa Voga is committed to a healthy lifestyle and also to sports. For that reason, you can rent bikes and we can give you recommended routes nearby. We have different levels based on your experience, and we even have bikes for the kids.
- Roomscape experience: Come to Sa Voga and enjoy a different weekend, filled with curiosity and excitement with the Roomscape Virus, where you can have fun and develop your kids intellect in an enjoyable way.
A good family hotel characteristics
- A commited staff: The hotel Sa Voga is a very small hotel and we offer a personal and friendly welcome, since we are few people working and we consider ourselves family. In this way, we want to be able to give our customers the feeling of being at home, including the children. We have a great advantage that is having a young team that knows how to handle kids and how to provide them the best possible options in order to make them feel comfortable and making the most of their the stay in the hotel.
- Facilities and services: We provide services that imply comfort for parents and fun for the children. Among these services we highlight the laundry service and the possibility of hiring a babysitting service per hours so that it can provide help if the parents are in an unexpected hurry or if they want to relax a few hours without children. We also know that parents thank that we have parking places available and an elevator. Also, depending on the season, there are some town festivities that undoubtedly are a great attraction for everyone. Also, as we have previously mentioned, we have a selection of experiences that can reinforce the bonds with the parents.
- Prices: The price is always a determining factor when choosing a hotel and the Sa Voga staff knows it. For this reason, the hotel Sa Voga has a few promotions that allow you to economise your stay a little bit more. In the hotel, children under the age of 4 do not pay and until the age of 14, children pay a reduced price. It also has promotions for large families and discounts for long stays.
- Accessibility: The location of the hotel is very important because it can make your trip more pleasant after hours of travel and it will save you time. The hotel Sa Voga is located superbly, on a street very close to the main street which makes it very accessible and great to walk to all the activities offered by the town of Arenys de Mar. It is also a few minutes from the beach and the train station, which makes Sa Voga an ideal place to stay. Nevertheless, it is far enough from the main street to be able to be quiet and calm.
- Advices to face the problems that can arise when you go out on a vacation with your children.
- When eating out, bring a “children’s kit”, containing, for example, napkins with their favourite characters, colouring pads, papers… it is helpful to give them this kit while waiting for the food, if they get anxious or nervous.
- For lunch or dinner, advance the time. That has many advantages: it helps to find a place without having to wait for lines or make reservations, there is more silence and can even offer more possibilities of having an extra space next to the table, a must have if a baby stroller is carried.
- To avoid possible unexpected events during the journey to the destination site, it is suggested to bring a Smartphone or an electronic tablet filled with the children’s favourite videos. Make sure that they cover several hours of entertainment.
- At night before going to sleep, a good idea is to plan together the activities of the next day. Take into account the opinions of your children what will make them more excited about the holidays.
- Carry a notebook, crayons, post-its, stickers… And encourage them to draw however they imagine the destination will be like.
- If this list of resources fails, it will always be very useful to go back to analogue entertainment methods.
- What should be considered before leaving
The hotel Sa Voga recommends to parents of children and babies 5 tips that will be quite useful before travelling:
- Make space in the suitcase for your children’s favourite clothes and toys. If you do not have much space, you can always resort to the so-called compression bags.
- In the case of travelling with a baby, you must anticipate your extra needs, but without loading them in your luggage. A trick is to buy a selection of things that you may need during the holidays, such as diapers or special food, and ask them to leave them directly at the destination hotel.
- Add a familiar element of your children’s room (cushion, stuffed toy, light …) to your luggage. It will help children not miss their beds so much and sleep better.
- Be prepared for a possible flight delay. In the case of babies, carrying diapers in hand luggage can be very useful, since buying them at the airport is very expensive.
- Take advantage of the stroller case to put the excess of things that do not fit in the hand luggage, but you do not want to check in.